Sunday 3 March 2013

Box Card

I made a box card ...
It looks fabulous, and quite complex to make, but it is really quite easy.   The flowers were created using grungepaper and fabric, and I added pearl brads, and some love gem swirls to the front.
The flower on the inside is set into silicon so it stands proud of the bottom of the box.

And this is how I did it:

You will need cardstock 13x28cm, scored at 13cm and 15cm
4 x 11.5cmx 18cm pieces of cardstock, scored every 2cm.
Decorative items - tape/tissue/design paper, flowers, brads, gems - anything you want really.


Concertina fold the 4 p11.5x18cm peices of cardstock like this ...
You really need to creasde the folds to keep them tight.

Now you need to assemble the 'box' - take 2 of the concertinaed strips and add wet glue or glossy accents to one of the edges of each.  You the need to slide them together so they form an L
Repeat for all the pieces so you have a square.
I prefer to use glossy accents as it dries much faster - if you are using wet glue you may want to let each corner dry before doing the next.

 Once the frame is dry I like to distress the outer and inner edges using vintage photo distress ink.

Now to decorate - I decided to use tissue tape,but you could use any papers you want, sprays, paints. I covered a square of cardstock 12.5cmx12.5cm with the tape, and also stripes of card to cover the binding and the tops of the 'box'.


I then used distress inks to colour the cardstock and tape, and let it dry. Distress inks give quite a subtle colour - stains will give you a darker effect.

Then I covered the box tops ...
and lined the box in purple cardstock, before gluing the box frame down.

Onto the decoration - I decided to use a couple of flowers, so I cut flowers out of covered and stained grungepaper, hession and linen.
I layered them up, using the fabric ones as well, srunched them up and distressed the edges using walnut stain distress ink, and then added a large pearl brad.

 
Supplies
Tim Holtz tissue tape
grungepaper
hessian and linen
brad

No comments:

Post a Comment